Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Workshop 1 - Week 1 - Teacup


The tea cups were a very hard challenge due to the curvilinear form. I am a person who loves to draws with a ruler so this was a large step outside my comfort zone. I set up the page by spacing it evenly using guidelines. I then had to draw each line about 10 times before I was happy enough to rub out the others.

The shading for this was a hard concept. I previously have had limited experience with shading, so I wanted to experiment with many different techniques on this as a test. The first thing I tried was just the sketchy quality of lines. I did not like this as the teacup is a smooth form, so I decided that I should try smudging it to give the lines more ‘smoothness’ in a sense. After doing that on my plan this I was so happy with it that I decided to shade my whole drawing in that form.

No comments:

Post a Comment