Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Workshop 1 - Week 2

The in class exercise 01 I thought was my second weakest drawing. I think I was able to draw all the elements correctly; however I’m not very happy with the shading to this. I also added the shadows of the buildings.




The one point perspective was another element, which, similar to my room perspective, I used no ruler and sat en plein air. This was extremely challenging for me. I was fairly happy with it, however wasn’t happy with the medium. I then tried tracing this image using a very sharp pencil, but after doing a few lines, I experimented with pen also. I then experimented with different thicknesses of pen. In the end I have a final drawing done all in pen, using different thicknesses. Overall I’m happy with this drawing, and glad I experimented with pen.





The two point perspective I decided to use a ruler for. This played more to my strengths. I wanted to have one free hand and one ruled to see the difference it made. For this one I drew from a photo I had taken, however I refused to trace this photo. I first pencilled it all then, and then traced this image using pen. I love this image and I believe this is some of my best work. I think I personally like it better just due to the ruler use.

No comments:

Post a Comment